Badrinath Temple Uttarakhand
Badrinath is known for the famous Badrinath Temple (Lord Vishnu Temple). It is one of the famous Char Dham Temples in India. It is a Holy place for the Hindus and people from all over the world come to visit this famous Temple. It lies between Nar and Narayan mountain ranges. It is situated at an altitude of 10,000 feet. Temple is open for 6 months in a year and closed for 6 months from November to April. Badrinath Temple is having a medicinal benefit Tapt Kund(sulfur spring). Badrinath Temple was established by Adi Shankaracharya.
Places To Visit In Badrinath
- Neelkanth: Neelkanth is famous for trekking and very important religious destinations as it lies near Badrinath. On the northwest side of Nilkanth, you can see the Satopanth Glacier. People from all over the world come here to experience the thrilling trekking fun.
- Tapt Kund: Tapt Kund is a hot water spring in Badrinath Temple, located near the Alaknanda river. The temperature of the water here is around 45-degree Celsius, people come from far off place to take bath here. It is believed that the water here has many medicinal properties to cure skin diseases.
- Narad Kund: Devotees to Badrinath Temple take bath in this Kund before heading to the temple, it is also a hot water spring and is near to Tapt Kund and receives its hot water from Gauri Shila. Narada Bhakti Sutra was written here st this place by Narad Muni.
- Ganesh Gufa: It is said that this Gufa is a natural made Gufa and Maharishi Vyas dictated The great Mahabharata to Lord Ganesha and he wrote it here in this cafe, so it is named as Ganesh Gufa.
- Vyas Gufa: In this Gufa Maharshi Ved Vyas wrote Mahabharata, Puranas, Sutras, and Veda here with the help of Lord Ganesha. On the Rooftop of the Gufa, you can find pages of the scripts printed there.
- Charanpaduka: Charanpaduka is a famous holy place for Hindus. It is believed that Lord Vishnu first kept his feet on earth at this place. It is nearly 3km from Badrinath. People come from different places to visit and worship Lord Vishnu to this place.
- Vasudhara Falls: Located about 9km from Badrinath, waterfalls originating from Nar Narayan Peak of the Himalayas from a height of 400 ft. It is said that this place was the resting place for the Pandavas. This place can only be reached by trekking from mana village, its a little difficult trek but you can see some breathtaking views while trekking.
- Bheem Pul: Bheem pul was found by Bheem, as he threw a stone from the mountains to cross this river. It is a natural bridge on the river Saraswati.
- Pandukeshwar: This is the place where the father of Pandavas started to worship Lord Shiva. It is situated at a height of 6000 ft. Once been to this place, you will be in love with the surroundings and will never think of coming back.
- Mana Pass: Mana pass is the highest motorable pass in the whole world. It is in the mana village of Uttarakhand near Badrinath and is also the border of India and China. People love to visit this place
Badrinath Temple Uttarakhand
Activities To Do In Badrinath