Munnar place to visit
Munnar is a well known hill station in Kerala, known for the best tea plantations. Nearly 1600 m above the sea level, Kannan Devan Hills is situated. The whole area is covered by hills of the western Ghats, lakes, waterfalls and greenery. Once you visit this place you can feel calm in your heart. Munnar is also famous for trekking, people visit Munnar hills for trekking. It is one of the best and adventurous spots to trek. Camping in Munnar is like living in heaven. Munnar is situated at the banks of three big rivers Madupetti, Nallathanni, and Periavaru.
Munnar is broken into two parts, on is old Munnar(tourist information office) and Munnar(bus stop and hotels).
Places To Visit In Munnar
- Atukkad Waterfalls: This place is around 2km from Munnar, and surrounded by full greenery. Little difficult place to reach, needs experienced persons to guide. Best spot for trekking, people visit in groups for trekking here and enjoy the beauty of this place. Atukkad waterfalls are the main attraction of Munnar. The best part is, you cannot reach this place directly by vehicle, you will have to reach this place, crossing the forest by trekking.
- Echo Point: The story behind this name is, when you shout at this place, the whole silence of the hills throws back your sound in the form of an echo. This place is the best for trekking and people enjoy listening to the echo of their voice.
- Top Station: It is around 32 km from Munnar, 1700 m highest point in Munnar. The topmost station between the clouds makes this place so beautiful.
- Tata Tea Museum: It is around 2km from Munnar located at Nallathanni Estate. Visiting this place you can gain knowledge how tea is processed.
- Eravikulam National Park: It is nearly 40 km from Munnar with a collection of elephants, Nilgiri langur, Nilgiri marten,lion-tailed macaque, Atlas moth, tiger, and leopard are the species found in this national park.
Munnar place to visit
How to reach Munnar
Nearest Railway Station: Aluva Railway Station. (110 Km from Munnar)
Nearest Airport: Cochin International Airport. (110 km away from Munnar town)