place to visit in wayanad
Wayanad in Kerala is well known for wildlife, greenery, waterfalls, historical caves, and spice plantation. Wayanad is located in the midst of Western Ghats. Camping in Wayanad is the best feeling for trekkers. This place is filled with greenery and the beauty of nature. This location is the best for a short trekking plan in South India. People from all over the world visit this place and explore the beauty of these wonderful hill station.
Place To Visit In Wayanad
- Chembra Peak: This is the highest peak in Wayanad, Kerala at nearly 2000m above the sea level. The major attraction at this place is it has a heart-shaped lake, which attracts most of the youngsters to visit this place. From this peak, you can explore the whole Wayanad.
- Edakkal Caves: Situated at an altitude of 1200m above the sea level. To reach this place you have to trek for around 3 hours to reach the entrance of this cave. This cave is as old as 5000 BC to 1000 BC.
- Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary: The place covers 345 square km and comprises two parts namely Upper Wayanad and Lower Wayanad.
- Soochipara Waterfalls: Waterfalls are covered by greenery and forest. Water is falling in the pool, so people even enjoying bathing and swimming here. Visitors are provided with food and water at this place. Monsoon is the best time to visit this place.
- Sulthan Bathery: This place is named after the ruler Tipu Sultan. This place is located at an altitude of 1000m above sea level. People visit this place and know about Indian History in detail.
- Pallikunnu Church: Pallikunnu church (Our Lady of Lourdes) is a Latin-catholic church. People from all over south India visits this church and pray to God.
- Banasura Hills: Located at the altitude of 2000m above sea level. The Kurichiya tribe, a tribe expert in bow and arrow are settled here in these hills. This place is best for trekking.
How to reach wayanad
Nearest Railway Station: Kozhikode Railway Station.
Nearest Airport: Karipur Airport.(98 km from Wayanad)