places to visit in Auli
Auli is the most exciting ski destination in India located at a height of 2800 meters. You can view Mana Parvat, Nanda Devi, and Kamat Kamet. Apple orchards, pine forest, snow-capped mountains are a major attraction here. This place is famous for skiing and trekking in the mountains. Auli is a perfect destination to spend your holidays. It is said that Sankaracharya also visited Auli.
Places To Visit In Auli
- Skiing In Auli: The most perfect place for skiing. Snow-capped mountains covered by pine forest and apple orchards make it a beautiful destination for skiing. A small medical checkup is done to check your altitude sickness before you go for skiing and November to January is considered the best timing for skiing in Auli.
- Chattrakund: Chattrakund is a clear lake in Auli. It is around 4km from Auli at a height of 3200 meters above the sea level.
- Rudra Prayag: It is believed that Lord Shiva once appeared here in the form of Lord Rudra, so this place is named as Rudra Prayag. There are so many Hindu temples here, people from far off places come here to worship Lord Shiva. River Mandakini and River Alaknanda are the major attraction of Rudra Prayag.
- Chenab lake: Chenab Lake is the main source of water for the people here and it is an artificial Lake. Chenab lake is famous for trekking, here you can experience trekking on big rocks passing between the Himalayas. The water of Chenab lake is crystal clear, which attracts most of the tourists.
- The Cable Car Ride In Auli: Cable car in Auli is the longest and second highest in Asia, first is in Gulmarg. The ride starts is Joshimath and stops in Auli’s total covering 4km distance passing through the mountains exploring the natural beauty. The ride is around 25min and at a height of 3000m above the sea level, sitting in the cable car will give you an incredible experience.
- Trishul Peak: Trishul peak name is given to this place because here you find the three Himalayan mountain peaks of the Kumaun combining, forming like a Trishul. Roopkund Trek is the best way to view this peak.
Activities To Do In Auli
- Trekking in Kuari Pass
- Visiting Nanda Devi National Park
- Cable car
- Bird watching
- Trying Local Food