places to visit in cochin
Cochin is also known as Kochi and it is one of the best tourist places in Kerala. It is located at Ernakulam, Kerala. This place has another name Queen of the Arabian Sea. Cochin was rated by National Geographic Travelers Magazine as the top 50 places to visit in a lifetime. Situated at the shore of the Arabian sea, make this place so beautiful. Cochin was one of the important spice trade centers for Asian countries. A tour to Kerala without visiting Cochin is incomplete.
Places to visit in cochin
- Veeranpuzha Lake: It is one of the famous lakes in Kerala, which is an amazing tourist spot.
- Willingdon Island: This place is named after Lord Willingdon. Cochin and Willington island is connected by a bridge. It is the largest human-made island. And also is the headquarter of the southern naval command of India.
- Kerala Folklore Museum: It is an amazing museum, which will improve your art education. This museum is the only architectural museum in Kerala. Here in this museum you can gain knowledge about life and culture of human from 1000 years. (Timings: 9:30AM-6:00PM)
- Mangalavanam Bird Sanctuary: It is a large sanctuary of around 2.7 hectares. It consist of migratory birds, populated species of trees, and plants.
- Santa Cruz Basilica: The Santa Cruz Basilica is among the eight Basilicas in India. It is a very beautiful Roman catholic church.
- Marine Drive: Marine Drive Kochi is one of the popular and famous spots in Kochi. People love to visit here and spend their time. This place is exactly what Kochi is.
- Vasco Da Gama Square: At the Kochi beach, people selling coconuts and seafood can be seen at this place. Perfect place to spend your evening.
- Cherai Beach: This place is the merging point of the sea and backwaters. This place gives a scenic sunset view. People visit this place to spend their evening. Cherai beach is one of the most popular beaches in Kerala.
- Areekkal Waterfalls: Areekkal waterfalls is one of the most beautiful waterfalls in this place, surrounded by greenery and water falling from the top. This place is just indescribable, filled with the beauty which one can only feel.
How to reach cochin
Nearest Railway Station: Ernakulam Junction Station
Nearest Airport: Cochin International Air