Places to visit in Kedarnath
Kedarnath Temple is one of the holiest places in India.
Let’s know the history of Kedarnath. It is one of the four Dham of Hindu Gangotri, Badrinath, and Yamunotri. Kedarnath is an ancient temple which is located in the Rudra Himalaya range. The temple was built by Adi Shankaracharya. It is located at an altitude of 3584 m above sea level.
A trip to Kedarnath is a dream come true for most people. Nearly for six months temple is completely dipped in snow. Pandavas was searching for Lord Shiva, guilty of the sins, for killing brethren during the Kurukshetra war.
Lord Shiva didn’t want to meet them, but the worship and dedication of the Pandavas impressed Lord Shiv, and he forgave their sins and gave them permission to worship him at Kedarnath Temple.
The beauty of this place gives peace to the heart and gives a feel like Heaven. There is so much to explore in this place. This place is just heart whelming.
In winters this place is covered with snow and in summers with grassy meadows covering the valleys. The beauty of this place cannot be expressed in words, it can only be felt.
Places To Visit In Kedarnath
The place to visit in Kedarnath– There are other amazing places also other than Kedarnath Temple.
- Panch Kedar
- Gauri Kund
- Vasuki Tal
- Gandhi Sarovar
There are many other Kund in Kedarnath
Adventure Trekking In Kedarnath
- Vasuki Tal: It is approximately 6 km from the temple
- Kedarnath Trek: 14km trekking from Gourikund
- Summers: Summer is the right time to visit Kedarnath, chilled air with the beauty of nature. The temperature is around 15 degrees Celsius. Best time to visit.
- Winters: Kedarnath temple remains closed due to heavy snowfall.
- Monsoon: From July to September, as it is a mountain area, landslides can be seen during this time temperature is around 11 degrees Celsius. But you should not visit this place in Monsoon due to the risk of Landslides.
How to reach Kedarnath
Nearest Railway Station: Rishikesh(RKSH) ( 216 km Kedarnath)
Nearest Airport: Jolly Grant Airport. (239km from Kedarnath)
The best time to visit this place is from May to October.
This place is closed from November to March due to snowfall. This place remains close for around half of the year.
Every year the temple opens in April or May, a big ceremony is celebrated every year, while opening the Temple.
Also read our other Destinations.