places to visit in Shimla
Shimla, the capital of Himachal Pradesh is a well-known tourist spot in India and also a famous spot for honeymoon. Tourists mostly visit this place in the summers, because in winter Shimla is covered by snow and people find little difficult to explore this place. It is situated at an altitude of 2200m. Shimla is knowns as the Queen of Hills. People visiting Shimla for Honeymoon will make you feel like you have visited heaven. The ‘Scandal Point‘ is the favorite place for tourists in Shimla.
Mall road, in the evening, is filled with Momos, ice creams, and other traditional foods, which makes a perfect evening for tourists. Coffee in Shimla is a dream come true for all the couples.
There are two famous temples, Tara Devi temple and Jakhoo Temple, people from far off places come here to pray.
Shimla is a full package of romance, adventure, trekking, and religious places.
Lakkar Bazaar, is the shopping spot where people can find handcrafted wooden items and artifacts.
Places To Visit In Shimla
- Kufri: Around 12km from the main Shimla town, this place is covered by snow making it a perfect destination for couples. Kufri is one of the most popular attraction for the tourists.
- Kalka Shimla Toy Train: Trip to Shimla is incomplete without travelling in Toy train. This journey will give you amazing nature experience while travelling.
- Mall Road: Mall road is exactly at the middle of the town, where you can find all the shopping stuff, restaurants, fast food stalls etc.
- Jakhoo Temple: Jakhoo temple is at the top most point in Shimla. People visit this place wo worship Lord Hanuman. It has the worlds largest Hanuman statue.
- Scandal Point: People enjoy horse ride and eat Momos and hot Maggi here.
- Fagu: Fagu is a amazing peaceful place to visit, which gives you calm and relaxes your mind. It is situated around 2400m above. There are many apple trees also in this place.
- Chandwick Falls: Water falling from a height of 100m. People trek to visit this place and enjoy the beauty of the waterfalls.
- The Ridge: It is best for shopping, has everything available here for the tourists. It is a famous market of the town.
- Tattapani: Located at the banks of Sutlej river, and is believed for its medicinal properties like it cures joint pains and many skin problems and diseases. People enjoy river rafting, paragliding, zorbing, skiing, trekking, and camping here.
- Reserve Forest Sanctuary: Rare flora and fauna are found here. It is an amazing trekking spot, and also Pir Panjal ranges of Jammu And Kashmir can be seen from this place. Animals like monkeys, leopards, and deer are found at this place.
Adventure In Shimla
- Horse riding
- Ice skating
How to reach Shimla
Nearest Railway Station: Kalka Railway Station
Nearest Airport: Jubbarhatti Airport, Shimla