Places to visit in Spit Valley
Spiti valley, Himachal is a well known and amazing destination for holidays. Snow topped mountains and the chilled climate is the major attraction of this place. It is almost 12000 feet above sea level. Spiti is open only for 6 months in a year and is closed for the other six months, because of snowfall. Spiti valleys are surrounded by Tibet in the east, Kullu valley by the north, and Kinnaur in the southeast. Wherever you go to Spiti, you will find Buddhist monasteries. You can see two beautiful lakes here Dhadkan and Chandratal lake. Mostly this place is famous for hiking, rappelling, and camping. Spiti separates India and Tibet.
Spiti valley tech is a heavenly dream for the adventure lovers.
Places To Visit In Spiti Valley
- Kunzum Pass: Also known as Kunzum La, from here you can see an amazing view of Bara- Shigri Glacier (the second longest glacier in the world). Kunzum pass is around 4000m above the sea level. Chandratal Lake (moon lake) is a famous spot here, where trekkers often visit. Trek to Kunzum pass will be an incredible journey, full of adventure and beauty. Once you visit this place, you will fall in love with the amazing pass.
- Chandratal Lake: It is a dream for the trekkers and is located 4200m above the sea level. Also known as the moon lake. The color of the water in the lake keeps changing from blue, orange, red, and greenish throughout the day. It is a crystal clear lake, people love to do camping near the lake.
- Key Monastery: Located 4100m above sea level and one of the most famous Tibetan Buddhist monasteries. This monastery is believed to be more than a thousand years old. To visit this place, people come from far off places, not only from India also from other countries.
- Baralacha La: It connects from Lahaul to Ladhak and it is one of the highest pass located 16000 feet above the sea level. This pass is surrounded by beautiful nature, snow-capped mountains, and rivers. You can feel an out of the world feeling visiting and trekking in Baralacha La.
- Trilokinath Temple: Only place in The whole world where Hindu and Buddhist worship together. Hindu believe it as Lord Shiva and Buddhists believe as Arya Avalokiteshvara. Triloknath will show magic to your eyes through its beauty and amazing location. Located at an altitude of 2700m, making it so unique and heart touching.
- Suraj Tal: Around 5000m above the sea level, Suraj Tal is considered as 3rd biggest lake in India. This place is dreamy and amazing, people visiting Spiti valley, should definitely visit this lake. Adventure lovers will love this place.
- Dhankar Monastery: One of the most important Centres for Buddhists. It is located at an altitude of 12000feet above sea level.
- Sarchu: People traveling to Leh Ladhak often stays during the night time as it lies in between Leh and Manali. Another name of sarchu is Sir Bhum Chun. Trekkers and travelers, camp here to spend their night.
- Kibber: Kibber is the highest village in India famous for Kibber wildlife sanctuary and monastery. The population of this village is 300 only. It is a mini Tibet. All the houses of the village will look similar, and designed with Tibetan architecture. It is a beautiful village you must visit.
Places to visit in Spit Valley
Things To Do In Spiti Valley
- Bike trip
- Yak safari
- River rafting
- Star Gaze
- Enjoying local food
How to reach spiti valley
Nearest Railway Station: Broad gauge railway station
Nearest Airport: Chandigarh