Soy milk recipe
Soy milk has a delicious nutty flavor, a healthy alternative to a cow’s milk. You can find in the supermarket but they are expensive plus added preservatives.
Homemade Soy Milk is super easy to make. You just need Two Ingredients, water, and soybeans.
- 80 g of dried soybeans
- 4 cups(1 L) of water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Dates or Sugar (optional)
- Soak the soybeans in water overnight (ideally for 12 hours).
- Drain the soybeans and remove the outer skins for a better texture in milk.
- Now blend the soaked soybeans with 3 cups of water (750 ml) until well blended and almost smooth.
- Strain the mixture using a nut milk bag or clean napkin.
- Pour the mixture into a pot and add 250 ml of water and boil.
- Bring to a boil, stir, and skim foam.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes.
- Let it cool down at room temperature.
- You can add sugar or dates or vanilla extract if you want. Just make sure you blend it well. (This step is optional)
- Chill the milk and store in the refrigerator for unto 2-3 days.
It will last up to 3 to 5 days in a sealed container in the refrigerator. The time may vary depending on the container you’re using.
Feel free to add some sweetener like Jaggery or raw sugar.
You can also add some other ingredients like cocoa powder or ground cinnamon.
Enjoy the healthy beverage Soy milk recipe
Also, read our other recipes